Wednesday, July 18, 2007

How Motherhood Changes a Woman

This morning, I was cleaning up the living room and realized during this simple task how much I've changed since becoming a mother. As I was picking up Thomas the Tank Engine books, crayons and toy cars, I noticed a Cheerio on the floor in an area where Kai had been snacking. Without even thinking, I picked it up and ate it, noted mentally that it "wasn't even stale yet," then did a dead stop!!! (ERRRRR--tires screeching sound)

Did I just eat a Cheerio off the floor? Did I just automatically do it without thinking? Was I so used to doing it that the mere fact that it wasn't stale a source of something to be glad about (as in, "well, at least this time it wasn't stale")?

I guess it's time we re-examined the "five-second rule."

No comments: