Friday, December 28, 2007

Gee, I Must Be Pregnant

How can I tell?

--Lately, a number of my sentences have begun with, "Hey, you know what sounds REALLY good right now?" It's been cheese dip, a banana split, croissants, chocolate.....junk.

--Inability to watch movies or commercials that contain even the smallest bit of emotion. Last night we were watching "So You Think You Can Dance" and I got all teary-eyed when two people I've never seen in my life got eliminated. Ditto to listening to music. Yesterday I heard that Nickelback song, "Far Away" and I had to choke back a few tears. Nickelback! What have I been reduced to?

--Some of my favorite foods are now grossly unappealing. Eggs are out. So are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

--Bizarre cycles of manic energy and nesting, offset by sudden-onset exhausted crashes.

--Very strange and vivid dreams.

--Shawn has sympathy symptoms. I've read about this phenomenon and it is definitely real. Shawn gained 5 pounds with me last time. This time he is having intense cravings and is a little more emotional than usual. I'll keep everyone updated on his weight gain.....

No comments: