Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Christmas Meme

My sister has a Christmas Meme!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both. It depends on how festive I'm feeling.

2. Real tree or artificial?

I prefer real, but we have a teeny, tiny artificial one for the moment. Not too many fir trees in Bahrain.

3. When do you put up the tree?

Depends. The years I've been pregnant, I've put them up early. The year Kai was born I put it up in October. Quinn got a tree in November. So far I haven't put this one up, though, so that kind of breaks the Christmas pregnancy nesting theory.

4. When do you take the tree down?

When I get around to it. I think last year it was February??

5. Do you like eggnog?

I used to until that stupid MTV show Jackass ruined it for me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Pioneer Christmas. We all made or re-gifted our gifts. My mom gave me her girl scout knife from when she was a kid.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes, but it's in the States.

8. Hardest person to buy for?

Shawn.

9. Easiest person to buy for?

The kids.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Turtlenecks.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?

Mail....in theory.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer--you know, the claymation one? That movie rocks.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Usually some time in December. Usually later, rather than sooner.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yes, but not to you, of course!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

My mom makes this cranberry salad that I only get at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's just not a holiday without it!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

Either, but I do like the cheer of colored lights.

17. Favorite Christmas song?

O, Holy Night. I get chills whenever I hear it.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?

You know Dasher and Prancer and Dancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer....

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

Either.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Either. I personally dig Christmas Eve more because then I don't have to get up early.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

Rabid consumerism.

23. What I love most about Christmas?

Family, relaxing, the spirit of joy, peace and happiness. And of course--the food!

No comments: