Thursday, February 21, 2008

Down to the Wire

Yeah, so I've been so excited about the fact that we're going back to the States next week that I didn't realize how stressed I was getting. My weird heart arrhythmia started acting up again and I ended up getting one of those 24-hour heart monitoring things. Turns out I'm probably just fine but that my heart doesn't seem to respond very well when I'm stressed. Just more motivation to find my moment of Zen or something....SERENITY NOW.

We've been busy. Shawn has been in full-blown Desert Sailor mode this week with lots of time at work, starting some mornings before 5 AM. He's crashed out on the couch right now "resting" (that's what he says, anyway). I worked some this week at Central Texas College to train the new girl who was replacing me (even though I was replacing somebody else temporarily). I guess she's the temporary replacement's temporary replacement. That caused me a great deal of heart arrhythmias and I'm glad it's OVER. NO MORE CTC.

Today I spent the day packing up the kitchen and tidying up some other things around the house. I can hardly wait to get home and see everybody!

Yesterday I had my final ultrasound for this pregnancy and the doctor said it is most likely a girl. She was 80% sure, but she said that it is still possible that some little boys don't "pop" until closer to 20 weeks (I'm 18 right now). So much for mother's intuition--I was sure it was a boy. Now we have to apologize and start calling her Claire instead of Asher. Whoops!

Well, that's all the news from here. This week will be the end of our time in Bahrain. It will be bittersweet, but mostly just sweet.....

No comments: