Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Things My Kids WILL Play With


1. Paper products of any kind. Paper towels, paper plates, toilet paper, napkins, Kleenex, receipts, EMT homework assignments, and so on.

2. Refrigerator magnets, which can make a surprisingly huge mess and give me paranoid thoughts about the kids swallowing magnets and having intestinal tears.

3. Me, but only if I'm busy.



4. My yoga mat and weights. At least somebody is using them.

5. Toy vehicles of any kind. We have so many helicopters, cars, trucks, jeeps, trains and planes that I can't even count them. I also can't count the number of times that I have stepped on some die-cast military vehicle model that settles right into the arch of my foot. These things are dangerous. Our living room is like a constant mine field.



6. Kitchen appliances, electronics, wires, cord, strings, sharp things, broken things, plumbing fixtures, dangerous substances and pretty much anything else they're NOT supposed to play with. They're especially fond of things that involve climbing.

7. ANYTHING that makes noise. The louder, the better. Thank you greatly to all the aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents who have made our vast collection of brain-rattlingly loud toys possible.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: