Thursday, January 17, 2008

Skiing in Dubai

After checking into our hotel, our first stop was to the Mall of the Emirates. We split an appetizer at Chili's, then went to Ski Dubai. Shawn had never been skiing before (only snowboarding), but since he is pretty athletic, I thought he would do just fine. I was a little worried about myself, though, considering my "interesting" performance when Celeste and I went in October.

I guess when I'm with Shawn, I get a little bit competitive. With Shawn watching me, I managed to remarkably improve over the skiing abilities I displayed with my sister. Plus, the baby slopes were closed and I didn't get to practice on them the day Shawn and I went. I just had to wing it.

We had a ski pass for two hours and had a blast!

A view from the middle of the medium slope.

Our skis on the lift.


Me trying to decide whether or not I should really attempt the big slope.

Me skiing down the hill.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: